RE: Multiple IP's (IP Aliasing)

From: Golden_Eternity (bswopes_at_bhodisoft.com)
Date: 08/19/03

    To: <vineet@linux.com.kw>, <security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:35:30 -0700

    > From: Vineet Mehta [mailto:vineet@linux.com.kw]
    >
    > I have 5 IP's on my server configured as IP alising with only one
    > Interface.
    >
    > Whenever i make connection outside say for www, pop3,
    > whatever, the main
    > IP is being used to make connections to the foreign server.
    >
    > What if, i want to use other IP's (on my server) on my
    > choice to make outside connections?

    Have you tried using 'route' to change which interface traffic is
    routed over?

    • Re: SBS 2003 IIS BASED SERVICES FAIL INTERMITTENTLY
      ... If I read your post correctly, you have a switch where the SBS ... Run DHCP server on your SBS, and set all client machine nics to dynamic. ... Once you have your nics configured, run the Connect to the Internet wizard, ... QUESTION1 - what is REFUSING CONNECTIONS? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: SBS Exchange 2003: too many "Current Sessions" opened
      ... So far everything is good and now I'm just monitoring my exchange. ... get the SMTP service to stop hanging in the first place. ... won't have dead connections. ... work for now until I put into production new server hardware with sbs 2003 ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: SBS Exchange 2003: too many "Current Sessions" opened
      ... You really should go through the steps I posted and get the SMTP service to stop hanging in the first place. ... You'll be happier, you won't be clubbing your server every day with a kill script, and you won't have dead connections. ... You do *not* need to restart the server, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Access 2007->SQL Server2005 "connection was forcibly closed",GNE 1
      ... I have a very big problem connecting an SQL ... changing number of clients using the SQL Server with this frontend at the ... connection pooling or if these connections are separated connections). ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
    • RE: Remote access problem
      ... CEICW setting RWW is OK. ... I clicked "Connect to server desktops" and got the screen with all the ... Remote connections ... > Internet Connection wizard' to configure the server networking settings? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)