Re: nessus on linux 9.0

From: Scott Zawalski (scott.zawalski_at_web.de)
Date: 08/17/03

    Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:34:34 +0200
    To: gautam nijhawan <gautam_rit@yahoo.com>

    gautam nijhawan wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I had a question to ask abt nessus.If I need to instal
    >nessus do I need to
    >install a server version of linux 9.0 or if I just
    >install as a workstation,
    >wud it serve the purpose?

    >http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

    It will not make a difference if you install your system as a
    workstation or a server. If you are installing nessus from RPMs (which I
    assume the distro is using due to the high version number) then the
    necessary dependencies will be fulfilled automatically. Also just a FYI
    Linux 9.0 does not exist maybe Mandrake 9.0 which is a distribution for
    GNU Linux. Linux version numbers are of the format x.x.x for example
    2.4.21 or 2.6.0 something along those lines, which in turn refers to the
    kernel and not the software you are using.

    Hope this helps,

    Scott