Re: nessus on linux 9.0

From: Scott Zawalski (scott.zawalski_at_web.de)
Date: 08/17/03

    Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:34:34 +0200
    To: gautam nijhawan <gautam_rit@yahoo.com>

    gautam nijhawan wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I had a question to ask abt nessus.If I need to instal
    >nessus do I need to
    >install a server version of linux 9.0 or if I just
    >install as a workstation,
    >wud it serve the purpose?

    >http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

    It will not make a difference if you install your system as a
    workstation or a server. If you are installing nessus from RPMs (which I
    assume the distro is using due to the high version number) then the
    necessary dependencies will be fulfilled automatically. Also just a FYI
    Linux 9.0 does not exist maybe Mandrake 9.0 which is a distribution for
    GNU Linux. Linux version numbers are of the format x.x.x for example
    2.4.21 or 2.6.0 something along those lines, which in turn refers to the
    kernel and not the software you are using.

    Hope this helps,

    Scott

    • >>>> INSTALL LINUX <<<<
      ... Linux Http Install Syntax ... Install Linux On Usb In Windows ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)
    • Re: which linux? (not flame bait, thank you)
      ... > Portupgrade really helps with maintaining ports. ... I would like to have a little exposure to linux ... > keep my server and desktop running with the same versions, ... 'full' RH or SuSE install, but slightly behind the times, as is Debian, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Are there advantages of Linux over XP Pro.?
      ... Excuse my ignorance but what does KDE mean? ... dual-boot 98SE/XP PRO machine for a copy of Linux. ... small file server with RAID and Backup storage with the easy addition of ... The Mandrake 10.1 install was also painless, but the GUI would not run. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Exchange 2003 and NT4 trusted domain
      ... > If you run Exchange 2003, you will need to install AD on at least on ... > use the server for Exchange. ... There would be no need to have a server at the remote ... There is a Linux box at each site ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.design)