video surveillance question

From: Andrew Pretzl (arp_at_norlight.com)
Date: 08/15/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:36:38 -0500

    We are planning on installing a video surveillance system in our data
    center to monitor customers working in the equipment co-location area. Can
    anyone point me towards sources of information regarding what requirements
    and regulations there may be covering this? For instance if we have
    customers with medical or e-commerce applications residing on their servers
    is there a requirement for storing the events captured by the cameras for a
    set period of time?
    Thanks in advance!
    AP