Re: Transparent Screen Lock for Win NT/2000/XP

From: Cathy Milan (cathymilan_at_excite.com)
Date: 08/14/03

    Date: 14 Aug 2003 15:59:01 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <C8A731F5343EA044BF77A732838D223B139FBDB4@fastenal.com>

    Hi Angie,

    Thanks for the feedback. This is exactly the kind of information
    I was looking for.

    I was unable to reproduce your problem so I contacted the company
    and was informed that this was a problem that was addressed in
    one of the newer versions. Can you verify this. I am using
    a dual-monitor setup and the problem does not occur. How exactly
    are you set up?

    Cathy

    >I played with it a little since it was nicer than the Clear Screen Saver
    by
    >MS. However, if you are running virtual desktop software, it only locks
    the
    >desktop you're on, not the others. Hence, I could bounce my mouse and get
    >to my secondary desktop that was completely active even though my primary
    >desktop was locked and protected. That was the kicker for me, at least on
    >client machines.

      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... We have been testing the Transparent Screen Lock ... It basically allows you to prevent access to a Windows server ... have had any experience with it (Both good orbad) that may ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Transparent Screen Lock for Win NT/2000/XP
      ... Xdesk virtual desktop software. ... Transparent Screen Lock for Win NT/2000/XP ... Hi Angie, ...
      (Security-Basics)