Re: Question for all

From: stephen at unix dot za dot net (stephen_at_unix.za.net)
Date: 08/08/03

    Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:46:35 +0200 (SAST)
    To: Flory D Jeffrey Contractor 59MDSS/MSISI <Jeffrey.Flory2@LACKLAND.AF.MIL>

    put the hdd into another pc that is clean of virii/trojans/etc and then
    run scans and whatnot..

    the biggest prob is that when AV's find a virus, it can't remove it
    because "file in use"

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Flory D Jeffrey Contractor 59MDSS/MSISI wrote:

    > A friend of mine recently went from Windows ME to Win2K, but now he has a
    > trojan on his computer. He is running Norton Anti-virus, and it will not
    > clean it off, it will only quarentine it. The affliction is:
    > Backdoor.Trojan, and it has placed a hidden folder on his hard drive called:
    > Payload.Dat. He cannot get ride of it. We have tried doing a search on the
    > internet for some kind of information pertaining to this, but we had no
    > luck. We also tried all the antiviral websites but they do not have a tool
    > for this.
    >
    > My question is: Has anyone ever heard of this, and if so, how do you clean
    > it off.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance, anyone can provide.
    >
    > Jeff

    • Re: HELP ON XP RE-INSTALLATION...
      ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: RE-INSTALLING XP
      ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
      ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
      ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: ccLogviewer error message
      ... possibly a virus. ... From a different, clean machine download Stinger ... and HijackThis from http://aumha.org/freeware.htm. ... Do not install drivers from Windows Update. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)