RE: verifying an open or closed port on an ip address

From: Chris Wanstrath (chrisw_at_cinci.rr.com)
Date: 08/08/03

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:06:48 -0400

    Nmap for Windows works great...You can access the command line with it
    but, as with most to-Windows ports with GUIs, the GUI builds the command
    line for you which is great for beginners. It also shows you the
    command line it will run once you select the scanning options you want
    through the tabbed windows, so you can start to learn what the arguments
    do even before knowing they exist.

    The helpfile/documention is really easy to understand if you're new to
    this kind of stuff. And the really technical stuff you probably won't
    need to worry about yet...

    --
    Chris Wanstrath : cwanstrath@lw-consulting.net