Re: Unrecognized folder in Hotmail Inbox.

From: Jeff MacDonald (jam_at_zoidtechnologies.com)
Date: 08/07/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: 07 Aug 2003 13:28:54 -0400

    On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 00:44, dagreat1@hush.com wrote:
    > heya,
    > I loged onto my hotmail account and was surprised to see a folder in
    > there.
    > The folder would be the last one in the "Inbox" "Trash" etc etc field
    > on the left side of the page.
    > It said, Sonrie www.sonrie.net
    > It was empty, and i deleted this at once.
    > A wise guess could be that i was using IE5 in a netcafe and might have
    > read a possibly malicious email, containing some script(IE force exploit
    > etc) which could execute arbitary code on my computer.
    > But then again, the making of that folder is on the hotmail servers and
    > requires Server side scripting.
    > I am a little confused.
    > Any Wise ideas are welcome.
    > Thanks.

    greetings,

    (1) use yahoo instead of hotmail
    (2) contact hotmail customer support and ask what is going on.

    regards,

    Jeff MacDonald <jam@zoidtechnologies.com>

    • Re: Outlook Connector - Hotmail (Plus) not in sync between compute
      ... folder in my Personal Files PST and have the email in my Hotmail account go ... I am using Outlook 2007. ... local folder using the menu command. ... Edit/Cut and then went to my local folder and did edit/paste. ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
    • Re: hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column
      ... Are both Hotmail accounts running in OE on both machines? ... Are you referring to the TO and FROM columns in Hotmail Inbox folder or ... Don't use the local folders Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. ...
    • Re: how can I import my sent messages from hotmail
      ... I can see sent in web hotmail, but I want them back in outlook ... I did save old hotmail store, but cant import I think it was an .ost file ... folders other than just the Inbox folder. ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)
    • Re: Outlook e.mails
      ... I believe that you need MS Outlook 2002, ... select HTTP as the server type, and Hotmail as the mail provider. ... I have found that letting MSOE go directly to a Hotmail account Inbox on ... folder to the Local folder. ...
      (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
    • Re: Hotmail items moving to folder on computer
      ... Microsoft MVP ... The Entourage User's WebLog has moved! ... Hotmail items moving to folder on computer ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)