Re: Removing xupiter, spyware, malware

From: Gregg (gbtech_at_citlink.net)
Date: 07/29/03

    Date: 29 Jul 2003 15:47:49 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <KJEEELDMCIMLEEAA@whowhere.com>

    I've had Excellent luck with Spybot S&D. Just make sure-
    1) after you install, Update! You'll get the latest definitions
    2) Make sure your registry is cleaned up afterwards. JV16.org had a GREAT
    product- Regcleaner 4.3 I think the version was. But, they repackaged it
    and now it's not as full of love as it had been, I'm afraid.

    Home- http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    Download- http://studserver.uni-dortmund.de/~su1669/spybotsd12.exe

    Hope this helps.

    • Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!! Cannot get address line to accept addresses
      ... CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, ... tabs and remove any restrictions that the parasite has put in place. ... Be sure that you also download and install hotfix Q816093, ... Spyware and Hijackware Removal Support, ...
    • Re: trojansssssss
      ... Spybot S&D has an install routine - run ... First update it ("Search for updates"), ... Spyware Warrior: ... Don't install software based upon advice ...
    • Re: How to access certain sites
      ... Our counselors often need to do ... AdAware and Spybot S&D have install routines - run them. ... Spyware Warrior: ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: How to reinstall ...
      ... I have Adaware, Spybot, MS ... > Start by downloading each of the following additional free tools - and download ... > AdAware, CWShredder, and Spybot S&D have install routines - run them. ... > Spyware Warrior: ...
    • Re: Home Page
      ... >> CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, below). ... >> tabs and remove any restrictions that the parasite has put in place. ... >> programs report as spyware. ... >> install malware) Keep it UPDATED. ...