enhancements to the SecurityFocus archive

From: Kelly Martin - MODERATOR (kel_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 07/18/03

    Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:48:35 -0600 (MDT)
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Greetings Everyone,

    Just wanted to let you know that we've made a change to all the
    SecurityFocus mailing list archives, which include every message posted to
    the Security-Basics mailing list.

    In the effort to foil spambots and trolls, all emails in the mailing list
    archives and message contents are now masked by removing the @ and dot
    signs. Spambots will no longer be able to spider our site and extract your
    email address, and then subsequently send you spam. I hope you're pleased
    with the result. No need to reply and tell me it was long overdue. :)

    You can visit the Security-Basics archive at
    www.securityfocus.com/archive/105.

    Kelly Martin <kel@securityfocus.com>
    Moderator Security-Basics

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    • Re: SMP/E 3.4 - IBM Order Server Performance
      ... I ordered a single PTF as a test and had the emails ... "HTTP 1.1 Through Proxy Connections" (search the archives) it took me ... Systems Programming expert at http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/ ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: Complaints about using this list...
      ... >> emails into topics and get the whole list as individual posts. ... Note also that search engines like google also let you ... This lets you search the archives without a hefty gmail account full ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [opensuse] Keeping e-mails
      ... I keep a lot of the emails I've received. ... I've got every email from every openSUSE ML group since I first ... via the wonky web archives of the same. ... My email archive also includes records of various software license ...
      (SuSE)
    • Incredible Expanding Database!
      ... I get a lot of attachments in my emails, ... archives fill up a lot faster than they should. ... Along the way yesterday I managed to foul up my database and had to restore ... and canĀ¹t find anything now on the various macro solutions others suggested. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
    • archiving tons of messages
      ... I would like to help my collegue/friend to move him from PC to Mac. ... I went for Entourage, since with our current mail server and MacMail options for smtp server he can't sent messages with MacMail, Entourage with exchange is OK. ... His emails go back to year 2000 and each folder/year has about 3000 messages. ... I know how to archive mail in Entourage, however that would put his current emails in one identity and all archives in onother identity. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)