Re: FW: Monitoring the network: Routers

From: Kelly Martin (kel_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 07/16/03

    Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:07:31 -0600 (MDT)
    To: Ben Hicks <ben@sequenced.net>

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Ben Hicks wrote:

    > If you're willing to spend the time, but not the cash, MRTG will be the
    > way to go. It's free but to get it working on a win2k box can take a bit
    > of time, if you haven't done it before. You can get some nice results
    > from it, and it's fully customisable. You will have to experiment with
    > SNMP requests to get the information you need.

    There will be a feature article on SecurityFocus next month that discusses
    using MRTG for security and performance in a Windows environment. Those
    who haven't set it up before will find it useful.

    Cheers,

    -- Kelly Martin <kel@securityfocus.com>

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    • RE: Securing a Win2k DNS server outside firewall...
      ... I don't like the tcp/ip filtering in win2k. ... and it cant block icmp traffic properly. ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: How to obtain a yahoo username off a computer
      ... In Win2k, there should be a folder named with the same name as the yahoo ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • SecurityFocus new article announcement
      ... The following article was added to SecurityFocus today: ... This article will discuss Linux kernel variables and the effect they have ... on network security for your host or firewall. ... The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant, while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare. ...
      (Security-Basics)