Re: RE: Monitoring the network: Routers

From: Spencer Hall (SHALL_at_stvincentshealth.com)
Date: 07/15/03

    Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:26:42 -0400
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    MRTG is very good you need to have some understanding of MIB's for the respective targets. The ease of setup is dependent upon the complexity of your monitoring parameters. Its also free :)

    >>> "Nathan" <nathan.grandbois@cerdant.com> 07/15/03 11:46 AM >>>
    Take a look at MRTG (multi-router traffic grapher). I don't think it is easy
    to set up, however I can't say from experience as I've never used it.

    -Nathan

    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    • Re: Ten least secure programs
      ... Outlook is a groupware client and is ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... > about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Ten least secure programs
      ... Outlook is a groupware client and is ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... > about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Wireless LAN
      ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, ... The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic ... > in about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Wireless LAN
      ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, ... The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic ... > in about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Monitoring the network: Routers
      ... It addresses some of the shortcomings of MRTG, ... Not only will it monitor your routers, but it can also monitor any device ... The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic ... > about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance. ...
      (Security-Basics)