Re: Deploying Microsoft patches

From: Roger A. Grimes (rogerg_at_cox.net)
Date: 07/15/03

    To: "MOHESOWA BYAS" <byasmohesowa@sbm.intnet.mu>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:18:22 -0400

    Yes on IE, no for IIS. Which is a little interesting considering that it
    runs using IIS.

    Basically, it's Windows critical updates and security roll-ups that you can
    see using Windows Update, minus driver updates and service packs (service
    packs can be installed using the Software Assurance version of SUS).

    Roger

    ****
    *Roger A. Grimes, Computer Security Consultant
    *CPA, MCSE (NT/2000), CNE (3/4), A+
    *email: rogerg@cox.net
    *cell: 757-615-3355
    *Author of Malicious Mobile Code: Virus Protection for Windows by O'Reilly
    *http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/malmobcode
    *Author of upcoming Honeypots for Windows (Apress)
    *****