SunScreen HA

From: NR (nr6106_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/12/03

    Date: 12 Jul 2003 04:57:09 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    I was doing SunScreen firewall check, and I have this issue with HA, which
    I hope you can help me with,

    I logged in to the secondary firewall using command line,

    And when I tried to view the policy, it showed a different policy than the
    primary, even with different policy name.

    Noting that the secondary policy has no entries what so ever, just blank
    one.

     I forced the secondary firewall to become active, but it made no
    difference.

    The GUI is showing the primary policy for both cases (secondary passive or
    active).

    Any recommendation to track this issue, and see if this is a normal case,
    or a way to find what the problem is.

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    • SunScreen Firewall HA
      ... I logged in to the secondary firewall using command line, ... And when I tried to view the policy, it showed a different policy than the ... I forced the secondary firewall to become active, ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] httport 3snf
      ... > Having worked in the Firewall support role at several companies, ... I had my CIO approve my security policy. ... time educating him about Internet risk. ... There's also a very good "at what point is the firewall now useless" ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: Sandboxing
      ... the 3Com Embedded Firewall would be extremely useful and enabling (in ... your case) when you look at it in a VPN context. ... This security policy will accomplish quite a few things: ... During the Policy Server installation, ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Questions About Windows Firewall and Domain Policy Enforcement
      ... Can you please provide me with more detail with what you mean by connecting ... configure the firewall, namely group policy, net shell scripts, manual ... You can do this through group policy or a login script. ... > as there is no Standard Profile configured. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • Re: Questions About Windows Firewall and Domain Policy Enforcement
      ... Can you please provide me with more detail with what you mean by connecting ... configure the firewall, namely group policy, net shell scripts, manual ... You can do this through group policy or a login script. ... > as there is no Standard Profile configured. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)