Re: Ten least secure programs

From: Chris Berry (compjma_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/08/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:01:40 -0700

    >From: Ansgar Wiechers <bugtraq@planetcobalt.net>
    >On 2003-07-01 Chris Berry wrote:
    > > > From: "Depp, Dennis M." <deppdm@ornl.gov>
    > > > I think you left off the biggest security leak at Microsoft, namely
    > > > Internet Explorer (any version).
    > >
    > > I didn't think any of the other broswers were any more secure, was I
    > > wrong?
    >
    >In one word: yes.

    Ok, so what browser(s) do you consider more secure, and why?

    Chris Berry
    compjma@hotmail.com
    Systems Administrator
    JM Associates

    "Encrypt everything, and ask questions later."

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    • RE: File permission scanner
      ... The DumpACL/DumpSec tool has the ability to drill down and generate reports ... viruses in spite of reasonable efforts to secure this medium. ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Question for you all
      ... As for RedHat, I like it, you can make it as secure as any distro, ... When installing RedHat choose a custom install and then check select ... > our own redhat server. ... The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: sshd for windows
      ... Definitely more secure than usual! ... >I really like VNC, but it has little security and no encryption. ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Ten least secure programs
      ... generally dictate by themselves what is and isn't allowed on "your network". ... It's a business decision made by management after you've told them of the ... it's best to learn how to secure vs. just saying someone can't have it. ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Secure Media Destruction
      ... Some type of wipe process...such as PGP Wipe, ... Subject: Secure Media Destruction ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)