RE: Firewall Comparisons

From: Keith A. Glass (salgak_at_speakeasy.net)
Date: 07/05/03

    To: "'Bhavin Yadav'" <bhavin@securematics.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:43:00 -0400

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bhavin Yadav [mailto:bhavin@securematics.com]
    Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 6:38 PM
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Subject: RE: Firewall Comparisons

    >Wow...so people are providing updates and feedback from year 2000-2001
    :):):).

    Well, that's the last time I worked with Sonicwall boxes.

    >Great.
    >Can we have updated data (recent one, probably in last 3months or so..)
    please ?

    Not from **MY** networks. But then my current employer relies on a mixture
    of
    Checkpoint (1.41 and NG FP3) and Gauntlet (5.5 and 6.0) running on Solaris.
    .

    >In our industry, technology moves so fast that one month is considered to
    be
    >as old as one year.

    And a bad rep lives a lot longer than a good one. . .

    >AND when you are in security industry, you are on sharp edge of time.

    Agreed

    >According to me, NetScreen and SonicWALL are the best products. Reasons...
    >a. Both are very easy to configure,

    Agreed. . .

    >b. very user friendly

    Also agreed. . .

    >c. excellent customer support

    Then Sonic must have gotten its' collective crap together, because when I
    was
    adminning them, their Tech Support was hitting several Lovelace Units. . .

    >d. cost effective, same cisco config will cost you twice.

    Cisco <> cost-effective in almost ANYTHING. . .

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    • RE: Firewall Comparisons
      ... After reading reviews you may want to search cert.org for known security issues. ... > Subject: Firewall Comparisons ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Firewall Comparisons
      ... I'm looking for a site that has some good firewall comparisons. ... for more than just throughput; I would like a comparison of how secure they ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Firewall Comparisons
      ... > I'm looking for a site that has some good firewall comparisons. ... Firewalls get as religious a following behind them as any of the other Computer Debates/Wars. ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in ...
      (Security-Basics)