RE: Data erasing tool

From: Jennifer Fountain (JFountain_at_rbinc.com)
Date: 07/05/03

    Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:36:53 -0400
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    I have been evaluating a lot of data erasing tools (as of late) because
    we are sending servers and workstations back to our leasing company.
    One that I have been particularly looking into is Eraser:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=37015.

    It seems to do a good job but I am in testing phase now. It does take a
    LONG time - but you will have that.

    I am wondering - Has anyone else evaluated this tool and what do they
    think?

    Jenn