Re: chroot

From: Fernando Serto (fernando.serto_at_memetrics.com)
Date: 07/03/03

    Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:52:02 +1000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi, maybe we're going too far on this, but, have you tried vserver?
    I'm running here, with no poblems, and the users are free to do whatever
    they want with their virtual server, without compromisig the others...
    http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc

    Thomas Weißmüller wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >on Wed, 2. July 2003 at 20:09 you wrote:
    >

    >>Does anyone know an easy way to chroot a ssh client to jail them in
    >>their home dirctory?
    >>

    >I recently found this here:
    >
    >http://www.tjw.org/chroot-login-HOWTO/
    >
    >Haven't tried this, but maybe that is what you need.

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm