RE: URL and Content Filtering Proxy

From: DeGennaro, Gregory (Gregory_DeGennaro_at_csaa.com)
Date: 06/23/03

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:06:37 -0700

    Anyone have a great suggestion for a free URL Content Filtering Proxy port
    or proxy for FreeBSD or OpenBSD?

    I am trying to use Privoxy from Sourceforge but it was not really design to
    be a port or package for OpenBSD or FreeBSD. Until I find a better
    substitution or solution, I am going to try to get it working.

    Or if you were able to get Privoxy working on OpenBSD or FreeBSD, please
    share your method?

    Thanks,

    Greg

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    • RE: URL and Content Filtering Proxy
      ... > Anyone have a great suggestion for a free URL Content Filtering Proxy port ... > be a port or package for OpenBSD or FreeBSD. ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Open Vs Free BSD
      ... NetBSD: Run on any hardware ... OpenBSD: ... FreeBSD: ... I like NetBSD (because of the supported platforms - especially RiscPCs - and the clean implementation). ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: Fwd: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing
      ... The myth that Theo understands dual licensing? ... It's no longer dual licenced in the FreeBSD tree because the FreeBSD ... FreeBSD doesn't have Reyk's athHAL from OpenBSD, ... dual licenced files planned to make GPL-only ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Quick and dirty router/firewall to test something?
      ... using FreeBSD vs. OpenBSD. ... Soekris boards up against commercial Watchguard and Cisco offerings any ... Chris Olive ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: FreeBSD vs. OpenBSD
      ... Subject: FreeBSD vs. OpenBSD ... you can secure any OS before you put it in the wild. ... | OpenBSD boasts that they test the patch branch before its posted. ...
      (Security-Basics)