Re: Encryption Level of web site

From: Nick Diotte (ndiotte_at_wincom.net)
Date: 06/20/03

    To: Patrick Boucher <pboucher@gardienvirtuel.com>
    Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:01:35 -0400

    Patrick,

    Just though I'd send this to the list as well. What I think your asking can
    be done with netcraft.com. You can use the "What's this site running?", and
    once that results load you can use "look for an SSL site at domainname.com?".
     This will list all the SSL ciphers supported by the webserver. However this
    will only work if you are scanning a world routable IP.

    As for utilities, I don't know any off the top of my head, but maybe others
    on the list do. Maybe ID Serve from http://grc.com can do it?

    >Greetings,
    >
    >Ok thank you for the information, but i am searching for a >way to make a query
    on a remote WebServer (One i don't have >acces to) to know, what are the permited
    encryption on it ?.

    >If it is possible to talk to a https server that support 40 >bits encryption..
    >So i can tell the client: Your server >should support only 128 bits..
    >
    >DO you know of a Script or way to know that ?
    >
    >Without looking at the Config files?
    >
    >Thank you again for your time,..
    >
    >Patrick

    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
    The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
    while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

    • RE: 40-bit VS 128-bit Encryption
      ... You might want to look at purchasing your SSL certificate from another ... data then I would recommend the highest encryption level available, ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Ten least secure programs
      ... Outlook is a groupware client and is ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... > about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Ten least secure programs
      ... Outlook is a groupware client and is ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... > about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: sshd for windows
      ... Subject: sshd for windows ... NTLMv2 authentication for the password challenge maybe, but telnet ... > The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic ... and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Encryption Level of web site
      ... SSL cipher checks work in nessus. ... > Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ... > about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance. ...
      (Security-Basics)