Re: Digital Evidence Question - What is an effective Windows hard-disk search tool?

From: Leif Gregory (leifg_at_doh.state.nm.us)
Date: 06/17/03

    Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:47:32 -0600
    To: marcus peddle <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Hello marcus,

    Monday, June 16, 2003, 6:12:29 PM, you wrote:
    mp> -A tool (peferably freeware) that I can use to acquire
    mp> and search my hard drive for
    mp> images/history/general/etc information that I have
    mp> "deleted".

    While not a direct answer to your question, it makes for some good
    reading.

    One thing to keep in mind when reading this, is that this was all
    possible in 1996. Just think of what could be accomplished today.

    http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/secure_del.html

    --
    Leif Gregory
    Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!

    Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
    about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

    Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm