RE: Share Permissions

From: Benjamin Meade (ben_at_lanwest.com.au)
Date: 06/11/03

    To: "'Harish Gondavale'" <hardgo@yahoo.com>, "'Security-Basics'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:53:10 +0800

    I fail to see how. If one of my users gets a virus, and it spreads via
    the network, then it will spread to that share if they have write access
    to it. Whether I set the ntfs permissions only, or both share and ntfs
    permissions, it will make no difference.

    Benjamin Meade
    System Administrator
    LanWest Pty Ltd