RE: W2K server "sniffer"

From: Jason Jaszewski (
Date: 05/30/03

Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:21:39 -0500

Network Monitor will give you ability to sniff packets coming into the
Windows 2000 Server. It is not installed by default, but if you go to
Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs --> Add/Remove Windows Components -->
Management and Monitoring Tools, you can install Network Monitor Tools.
After doing so, you can access Network Monitor from Administrative Tools. I
prefer Ethereal myself, but Network Monitor can be effective if you just
want to look at traffic coming into your interface. Running Ethereal under
Windows is not initially intuitive; whereas Network Monitor in Windows 2000
Server is a bit more intuitive to use.... I think, initially anyway.