Re: Security for Notebooks

From: Joshua Bennett (jbennett_at_isi1.tccisi.com)
Date: 05/23/03

    Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:51:01 -0500
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>, <jotero@SMARTEKH.com>

    I'd recommend using STOP tags, which can be found at:
    http://www.stoptheft.com/prodset.htm

    and for phone home software ComputracePlus:
    http://www.computrace.com/public/main/default.asp

    hth,
    Joshua

    Joshua Bennett
    Corporate Systems Technician
    Abn Amro Clearing and Execution Services
    Professional Brokerage Systems Group
    440 South LaSalle, Suite 1910
    Chicago, Illinois 60605
    (312) 542-8460
    jbennett@isisystems.com

    >>> "JAVIER OTERO" <jotero@SMARTEKH.com> 05/22/03 04:35PM >>>
    I am serching for two diferent solutions:

    1) If the notebook is lost or stoned a software that can inform, via internet, the ip where is connected.
    2) If some one takes the notebook from the bilding any chip or similar that alerts, may by using an arc or similar

    this is for about 300.

    Thanks

    Javier Otero
    Grupo Smartekh
    Antivirus Expertos
    Bussiness Continuity
    Inftegrity
    5243-4782 al 84 Ext.300
    México, D.F.

    Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

    Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes: Security +, Check Point,
    Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
    --UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
    http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics