RE: Ports 1985 and 1986

From: Zimin, Alex (
Date: 05/21/03

    Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:23:54 -0700
    To: "Jeff Lane" <>, <>

    Try fport from foundstone, it will show the applications listening on
    those ports.

    > This afternoon I noticed a couple connections on a new server
    > on ports
    > 1985 and 1986. Anyone know what these ports are?
    > The machine is a win2k web server with Ensim installed, MS
    > SQL Server 7,
    > and not much else. It has all the latest updates from MS as well.
    > If anyone has any info, or needs more info from me, please
    > let me know.
    > Unfortunately, I am a linux admin, not a windows admin,
    > so I am not
    > sure yet how to track down things like rogue processes, and
    > which user
    > is doing which, and what is bound to what port on a windows machine.

    Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

    Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes: Security +, Check Point,
    Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
    --UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--