Tools to Analyse Logs in Checkpoint NG

From: E P (enda.purcell_at_cw.com)
Date: 05/21/03

    Date: 21 May 2003 13:29:09 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi all,

    I am wondering if anybody has or have come across any scripting tools
    or good freeware package that can be used to analyse Checkpoint NG
    Firewall Log files. I'm faced with the task that I have several
    firewalls
    that I wish to produce reports on things like attack info from
    Smartdefence, attacks, usage, top talkers and all that fancy stuff.
    Hopefully
    someone may have come across something that could be used or easily
    modified to perform this rather than having to write my own scripts. I
    have
    looked in brief at WebTrends and I don't feel that it is granular
    enough for what I want

    thanks

    Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

    Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes: Security +, Check Point,
    Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
    --UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
    http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics

    • RE: Tools to Analyse Logs in Checkpoint NG
      ... I am wondering if anybody has or have come across any scripting tools ... Firewall Log files. ... that I wish to produce reports on things like attack info from ... Thinking About Security Training? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Tools to Analyse Logs in Checkpoint NG
      ... >or good freeware package that can be used to analyse ... >Firewall Log files. ... Harlan ... Thinking About Security Training? ...
      (Security-Basics)