Re: Writing firewall ruleserts ... Recommend good procedure and resource for ports lookup?

From: Niels Obst (niels.obst_at_web.de)
Date: 05/16/03

    Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:50:22 +0200
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Am 14.05.2003 23:02 Uhr schrieb Mark (fat):
    > Also can anyone recommend a good resource for translating services into
    > ports etc

    Does that help?

    Niels

    Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

    Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes: Security +, Check Point,
    Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
    --UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
    http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics

    • OT: What will he do next?
      ... That was National Security. ... President Bush said Tuesday that a deal allowing an Arab company to take ... Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist urged the administration to ... Ports World, a state-owned business in the United Arab Emirates. ...
      (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
    • Re: Political Analysis of Security Products
      ... > bee collected nor has any evidence of such a backdoor ever really been ... send several packets to ports on the target system. ... be used for booth sides of the security game. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Port security, continued
      ... CITING NATIONAL SECURITY, ... WASHINGTON - PRESIDENT BUSH WAS UNAWARE OF THE PENDING SALE ... THE WHITE HOUSE SAID WEDNESDAY. ... EMERGENCY LEGISLATION TO SUSPEND THE PORTS DEAL. ...
      (sci.med.transcription)
    • Re: How you can help
      ... pleased to have you here as I sign a bill that will help protect the ... American people and our ports. ... Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff, for his service to the country. ... appreciate that Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist has joined us. ...
      (rec.gambling.poker)
    • Re: Finally, a secure computer
      ... paranoia in the security aspects of IIS administration. ... security at the IBM website is compromised, ... I ran a port check on 10,000 plus ports (I ... > trouble downloading updates [I'm not sure about AVG pro, ...