Re: suggestions on a good firewall

From: Jim Miller _at_ Cox (_at_)
Date: 05/15/03

    To: "Rick Hale" <optik@wccnet.org>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:37:47 -0500

    The least cost solution is PCROUTE.
    http://www.cs.ubc.ca/cgi-bin/ftp/archive/pcroute/type/readme
    .pcroute.doc

    Hugh [Jim] Miller
    979/777-9546
    jim_miller@cox-internet.com
    Think globally
    Act locally
    Live tribally
    Love God

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Rick Hale" <optik@wccnet.org>
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 12:32 PM
    Subject: Re: suggestions on a good firewall

    > > what I want to do is set up another computer to act as
    > > a firewall for my main system. what I want this to do is
    to be able to
    > > control what enters and leaves my system with a way to
    set up permissions.

    > you could use OpenBSD with pf, it'll suit your needs.
    >
    > -rik
    > http://orchard.wccnet.org/~optik

    -----------------
    > Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!
    >
    > Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes: Security
    +, Check Point,
    > Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security &
    more! Register Now!
    > --UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics
    ------------------

    Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

    Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes: Security +, Check Point,
    Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
    --UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
    http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics

    • [REVS] Bypassing Client Application Protection Techniques
      ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... protection programs. ... * Kerio Personal Firewall 4.0 ... And we got actually nothing in the field of client application ...
      (Securiteam)
    • Re: Recycler security issues on IIS server
      ... > latest upates to the server. ... > like to see the server put behind our firewall, ... other software, install all patches, IISlockdown, URLscan, use the correct ... the procedures you follow may vary depending on your security needs. ...
    • RE: suggestions on a good firewall
      ... a firewall hosted on an improperly/insufficiently hardened GP ... > why a Linux firewall such as Smoothwall or Astaro are a bad idea. ... > if it was my network and I was making the security policy I ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Why hasnt Symantec addressed nastier Messenger spoofs
      ... Norton / Symantec has been silent on whether Norton Internet Security ... DSL firewall will stop these kinds of pop-ups. ... major ISPs and broadband systems. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re:RE : suggestions on a good firewall
      ... Subject: RE: suggestions on a good firewall ... CheckPoint does! ... with a url-filtering server. ... IT Technical Security Officer ...
      (Security-Basics)