block internet at two workstations

From: Tim Laureska (hometeam_at_goeaston.net)
Date: 05/06/03

    To: "security-basics" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 07:01:19 -0400

    I'm working with a small (10 user network) with a netgear FVS318
    firewall, accessing the internet via cable modem.. The client wants to
    block internet access at two workstations. I don't see anything
    available within the firewall documentation/configuration that would
    address this. What is the best and easiest way to do this ...easy and
    best may be a contradiction :-)

    TIA
    Tim

    FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry's most
    recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
    prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization
    of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
    to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
    Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics

    • Re: block internet at two workstations
      ... Is your firewall cabable of blocking MAC addresses? ... > prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. ... This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: block internet at two workstations
      ... Can't you set up some kind of ACL on the netgear firewall? ... > To: 'Tim Laureska' ... > prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. ... This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: DShield.org Recommended Block List
      ... on my screening router which sits in front of my firewall. ... world's premier event for IT and network security experts. ... Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ... This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Net Send popup in Event Viewer
      ... [while the firewall should be blocking this if for some reason you have this ... logging the inbound sessions.. ... Need live assistance with a security issue now? ... This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: block internet at two workstations
      ... > firewall, accessing the internet via cable modem.. ... > block internet access at two workstations. ... prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. ... This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization ...
      (Security-Basics)