RE: Risk Analysis and Common Criteria

From: dave (dave@netmedic.net)
Date: 04/18/03

    From: "dave" <dave@netmedic.net>
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:19:45 -0400

    http://niap.nist.gov/cc-scheme/

    http://www.commoncriteria.org/protection_profiles/pp.html

    http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/library/protection_profiles/CAPP-1.d.pdf

    http://www.commoncriteria.org/

    Hope that helps...

    _____________________
    Dave Kleiman
    dave@netmedic.net
    www.netmedic.net

    -----Original Message-----
    From: security_ness@tiscali.it [mailto:security_ness@tiscali.it]
    Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 06:32
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Subject: Risk Analysis and Common Criteria

    Hi, I'm new of this mailing list. this is my first message.
    I'm italian, and my english is not good, I'm sorry.

    however,
    I'm starting to study the security.
    in particular, I'm studying the "Risk Analysis", and the "Common Criteria".

    I need to have some help by you, to direct me in the right way for this
    study.

    -what is the common process to make a Risk Analysis?
    -what I must do to make a Protection Profile for my network? and a Secuity
    Targhet?

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics