Re: Linux NIDS

From: Patrick S. Harper (lists@internetsecurityguru.com)
Date: 04/16/03

    From: "Patrick S. Harper" <lists@internetsecurityguru.com>
    To: N30 <n30_lists@hotmail.com>
    Date: 16 Apr 2003 11:48:51 -0700

    Snort with acid is a good solution for linux. I have a document that
    does a step by step on installing it all on a redhat box.

    http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/snort_acid_rh8.pdf

    On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 06:58, N30 wrote:
    > Guys,
    >
    > Any suggestions for Linux (RH) based NIDS.
    >
    > I have used BlackIce for Win and am looking for similar functionality.
    >
    > I know snort may be 1 of the answers...Any good front end for snort??? (I am
    > new to Linux)
    >
    > Thank in advance!!
    > -V

    > Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    > world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    > Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    > The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    > sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    > ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics

    Patrick S. Harper | CISSP MCSE
    patrick@internetsecurityguru.com
    www.internetsecurityguru.com
    "If we aren't supposed to eat
    animals, why are they made
    of meat?"
    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics

    • RE: diffrent way of securing a subnet! Please help
      ... Need more details...you have a remote office or local? ... The Linux box acted as a router/firewall (we're also installing a watch ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Linux NIDS
      ... Any suggestions for Linux based NIDS. ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ... Register today to ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... However, CheckPoint has one little ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)