Re: TripWire like product

From: Chris Berry (compjma@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/16/03

    From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@hotmail.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:30:10 -0700

    >From: Ray Stirbei <me@highentropy.org>
    >You do not need to write your own - unless for an educational exercise. GFi
    >Languard is polished, stable and free. http://www.gfi.com/lansim/

    Wish I had known that before. Still, looking at their page there is some
    kind of commercial action going on there, what's the catch? I've got mine
    working now, so once I add a few more features like crossplatform capability
    and a backend database I'm going to release it GPL.

    Chris Berry
    compjma@hotmail.com
    Systems Administrator
    JM Associates

    "Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The
    sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics