Linux NIDS

From: N30 (
Date: 04/16/03

    From: "N30" <>
    To: <>
    Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 06:58:28 -0700

    Any suggestions for Linux (RH) based NIDS.

    I have used BlackIce for Win and am looking for similar functionality.

    I know snort may be 1 of the answers...Any good front end for snort??? (I am
    new to Linux)

    Thank in advance!!

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    ensure your place.