Re: how to hide e-mail header information?

From: SB CH (chulmin2@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/16/03

    From: "SB CH" <chulmin2@hotmail.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:37:30 +0000

    First so sorry for bothering you.
    But I'm not a spammer just but security engineer of the company.
    and I have read this article to stop spam at mail server.

    http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers/headers.html

    at this article, written like this.

    "Another trick used by forgers of email, this one increasingly common, is
    to add spurious Received: headers before sending the offending mail. This
    means that the hypothetical email sent from turmeric.com might have

    Obviously, the last two lines are complete nonsense, written by the sender
    and attached to the message before it was sent. "

    I just would like to know how this way is possible. Because I think that
    security relaters should know about the attack way well to defence the
    attack or fake etc.

    Again, I'm not a spammer.

    Thanks in advance.

    MSN Messenger를 통해 온라인상에 있는 친구와 대화를 나누세요.
    http://messenger.msn.co.kr

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics

    • Re: Authencity of email alerts
      ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... >> your house while you are away while handing them the house key will ... If the spammer or malcontent had morals in the first ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • user level access problems: from CD
      ... security architecture are not able to change, ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Healthcare incidents?
      ... Security and Privacy Services ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: How Did Spammers Get My E-mail Address?
      ... of successfully fingering a spammer to his ISP. ... Needless to say, he stepped up security on his system, and it took over ... two months before the spam bounces finally died off, ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Company being War Dialed
      ... Our local service provider's security and fraud team has not been able to identify a single source of the calls. ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Incidents)