RE: Firewalling

From: * KAPIL * (kapil@kapilville.com)
Date: 04/14/03

    From: "* KAPIL *" <kapil@kapilville.com>
    To: "'Mada Dulate'" <madadulate@hotmail.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:57:24 -0500

    I say, graduate to SmoothWall ...www.smoothwall.org :-) Much better
    than linksys and zonealarm!!!

    -------------------------
    Stand Up For Free Speech
    http://www.eff.org

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Mada Dulate [mailto:madadulate@hotmail.com]
    Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 3:10 PM
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Subject: Firewalling

    Hey all,

    Has anyone had any history with loading ZoneAlarm Pro and PC-cillin on a
    LinkSys router?

    Thumbs up, thumbs down? Specifics?

    Mada

    Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
    SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
    protection. http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
    Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free
    technical support. Stop SPAM before it stops you.

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    ensure your place. www.blackhat.com

    • RE: jeckyl hyde network
      ... the Linksys. ... Cisco switches and flexibility in the ... Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, ... SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Linksys Router & ZoneAlarm
      ... > Linksys, that if you get a trojan that shuts down Zonealarm, and then the ... > Linksys see's that it's no lonker running and then disables your Internet ... > fingerprint, so that they just put their finger on the scanner and it ... friends and I have been goofing around with setting ourselves up as FTP ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Linksys Router & ZoneAlarm
      ... Linksys, that if you get a trojan that shuts down Zonealarm, and then the ... Linksys see's that it's no lonker running and then disables your Internet ... fingerprint, so that they just put their finger on the scanner and it ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: hardware and software firewall?
      ... >I have a Linksys 4 port router and am using the free version of Zonealarm. ... control is not something that concerns you, then Yes, ZA is redundant. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Relationship between ZoneAlarm and LinkSys
      ... I trying set up a better firewall than just my LinkSys router... ... there is a option to run ZoneAlarm Pro"on" the LinkSys router. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)