RE: Internet E-mail monitoring/approval

From: Ted Frederick (tfrederick@ascentek.com)
Date: 04/10/03

    From: "Ted Frederick" <tfrederick@ascentek.com>
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:38:19 -0400

    Hello all.

    Thank you for the responses thus far, they are much appreciated.

    In reading the responses however, I realize that I may have been less
    than clear.

    The scenario I have described is a request from a client so posting to
    this list should not have compromised any secrecy. Also, it is my
    understanding that e-mail sent using a company's e-mail system is
    considered the property of that organization and therefore the
    organization can do with it what they want. If I am mistaken in this
    then please let me know.

    What this client wants to do is approve e-mail before it is sent to
    verify that there are not trade secrets and the like being leaked form
    this particular user.

    Thank you Frank and Bhaven for your responses to date.

    Ted