Re: web monitoring tool

From: Justin F. Knox (jknox@indexzero.org)
Date: 04/10/03

    From: "Justin F. Knox" <jknox@indexzero.org>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: 10 Apr 2003 07:11:14 -0400

    Imran,
         if by 'internet use' you mean web browsing, you may want to take a
    look at Websense (http://www.websense.com). Their application allows web
    filtering by category to be applied in a policy form.

    I've implemented this product quite a few times for my customers, it is
    fairly solid when integrated with a Cisco PIX Firewall while running on
    a Windows 2000 Server. (though I do recommend that the PIX be running
    the latest OS rev 6.2(2) as there is a long URL handling bug in older
    revs).

    good luck!

    regards,
    Justin