[Port 1198]

From: WBoremski (Wboremski@americaii.de)
Date: 04/04/03

    From: "WBoremski" <Wboremski@americaii.de>
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:15:08 +0200

    Hello List.

    I have a log at my Firewall, which I can not resolve.
    Does anyone have information about software using Port 1198 ?

    2003/04/03 12:47:48 ** TCP SYN Flooding ** <IP/TCP> 10.104.0.80:1198 ->>
    212.65.0.186:80

    I couldn't find anything on the net so far.

    Thanks already

    Wolfgang Boremski

    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
    viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
    critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics

    • Re: keeping ports open
      ... If a port is open, it means that 1) a software or service is running on your ... and 2) you're not using a firewall or your firewall isn't ... Use firewall software and hardware and antivirus software that is ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
      ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
    • Re: CEICW fails at firewall config
      ... ISA Server prevents connection to a remote desktop when you connect through ... Remote Web Workplace on a Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer ... Acceleration Server as a firewall. ... connection uses TCP port 4125. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
      ... >> server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... > before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... > program or executable using that port. ...
    • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
      ... > tested on port 445. ... > I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... Secedit.exe is the name of a legitimate Windows file, ... investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with the latest updates ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)