Re: Email Encryption Between Servers

From: Jose Celestino (japc@co.sapo.pt)
Date: 04/01/03

    Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:14:31 +0100
    From: Jose Celestino <japc@co.sapo.pt>
    To: Al Cooper <alc@2wh.com>

    Words by Al Cooper [Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:44:13AM -0700]:
    > We are attempting to set up secure e-mail with our partner companies to
    > comply with the upcoming HIPAA requirements. I would like to find a way to
    > encrypt all e-mail going between our mail server and our partners. We are
    > using Exchange. Some of our partners are also using Exchange and some are
    > using other SMTP servers.
    >
    > Is there a way to automatically force all e-mail between our two e-mail
    > servers (either Exchange to Exchange or Exchange to SMTP) to be encrypted
    > then decrypted on arrival with no end user intervention? If there are,
    > what affect, if any will these encryption methods have on our overall
    > network security.

    Yes. Search VPN.

    --
    Jose Celestino | http://xpto.org/~japc/files/japc-pgpkey.asc
    "Don't summarize. Don't abbreviate. Don't interpret." -- djb

    • Re: Exchange and untrusted Administrators
      ... the company I work for has does Hosted Exchange. ... I must admit I know next to nothing about Exchange, ... they can also encrypt "local" mail. ... Then there's the issue of access to physical servers. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: Email Encryption Between Servers
      ... >We are attempting to set up secure e-mail with our partner companies to ... >encrypt all e-mail going between our mail server and our partners. ... Some of our partners are also using Exchange and some are ... >using other SMTP servers. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Email Encryption Between Servers
      ... > Subject: Email Encryption Between Servers ... > encrypt all e-mail going between our mail server and our ... > using Exchange. ... > SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Exchange 2003 RCP over HTTPS
      ... Did you set up the servers as well? ... > "The connection to Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. ... > authentication" for Proxy authentication settings. ... Encrypt or not Encrypt, prompt for password ...