network drive port change method?

From: SB CH (chulmin2@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/24/03

    From: "SB CH" <chulmin2@hotmail.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 02:38:59 +0000

    Hello, all.

    These days, lots of worms use port 445, So i would like to block tcp 445 at
    firewall or router for security reason.
    But as you know network drive use port 445 at w2k.
    So is there any method that one can change that port number(445) at w2k
    into 4000 for example?
    (I know that how to change port of the terminal service(3389) or ftp(21) or
    http(80)).)

    Thanks in advance.

    MSN Messenger를 통해 온라인상에 있는 친구와 대화를 나누세요.
    http://messenger.msn.co.kr

    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
    viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
    critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfsbl1

    • Re: F12: ssh change port number
      ... un-comment and change port number) ... arbitrary high number, the ssh connection is not being ... restart" before trying logging in with the changed port number. ... 80/tcp open http ...
      (Fedora)
    • COMx: eines Cilent am TS verwendbar?
      ... Wenn ich den Befehl CHANGE PORT richtig verstehe, ... COM3 lsst sich mit MODE... ... an der seriellen Schnittstelle des Clients kommt nix an. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.terminaldienste)
    • Re: Terminal Services Port
      ... Information on how to change port # on the client: ... For example, to get to a server named ts.microsoft.com, if TS is listening ... on port 1234, you would have to type the following in place of computer name ...
    • Re: F12: ssh change port number
      ... un-comment and change port number) ... arbitrary high number, the ssh connection is not being ... restart" before trying logging in with the changed port number. ... `netstat -untap` will show you which port ssh is actually listening on. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
      ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)