Re: XP, Kerio, Explorer and IExplore

From: cnnpt42@eml.cc
Date: 03/08/03

    From: cnnpt42@eml.cc
    To: "none none" <ilovetoshare@lycos.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:18:21 -0800

    get zonealarm or just use filemon or something

    On 6 Mar 2003 20:25:01 -0000, "none none" <ilovetoshare@lycos.com> said:

    > I'm not sure this is the right place, but here it goes:
    >
    > - Last week I installed all available XP-updates via Windows-update
    > - I'm using Kerio Personal Firewall, latest version.
    >
    > I'm used to the fact that Kerio detects Explorer and IExplore for their
    > TCP/UDP-access. Explorer isn't allowed anything; IExplore is allowed to
    > surf.
    >
    > After the updates, IExplore does exist as an executable on drive C:.
    > However, it seems that IExplore start Explorer.
    > Both Kerio as Task Manager reports that Explorer is running after
    > starting
    > IExplore; there is no process running called IExplore.
    >
    > So, now I have to enable Explorer for internet-access within Kerio.
    >
    > Has anyone experience with this issue?

    • XP, Kerio, Explorer and IExplore
      ... I'm using Kerio Personal Firewall, ... I'm used to the fact that Kerio detects Explorer and IExplore for their ... there is no process running called IExplore. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: windows started but no desktop (reactivated topic)
      ... Explorer process gets killed a few miliseconds after it has been ... However an alternative browser Netcaptor (based on IExplore) works ... Through this browser I can browse the computer (and the internet, ... Windows XP CD) is a System File Check (SFC /scannow). ...
    • Re: grouping
      ... >Ramesh - Microsoft MVP ... >Windows XP Shell/User ... >web rather than iexplore or iexplore is browsing the ... >local drive rather than explorer. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Help needed with Kerio
      ... >I have just installed Kerio 2.14 firewall and have a problem or two with it. ... >Firstly, as soon as windows starts up, Explorer is wanted to send some ... Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: grouping
      ... >>If you have Pro type in Start Run ... > unknown reasons after a folder instead of Explorer. ... >>>>Windows XP Shell/User ... >>>>web rather than iexplore or iexplore is browsing the ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)