RE: tools used to examine a computer

From: Tim V - DZ (iceburn@dangerzone.com)
Date: 02/25/03

    From: "Tim V - DZ " <iceburn@dangerzone.com>
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:06:58 -0600

    Probably looking for something like

    http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

    -t

    is Disney World the only People Trap operated by a mouse?

    > Go to www.sysinternals.com and get the Unix Utils
    which
    > will include dd and netcat for Windows

    SysInternals? Could you provide a more explicit link?
     I'm pretty familiar w/ the SysInternals site, and I'm
    even looking there now...and I can't find these Unix
    Utils you're mentioning.

    > Now when you cd into the /NTPartition directory you
    > will see all the files from your NT machine. Yes
    > inclusing the sam files etc.

    Now, the big question is...once you've got all of
    these files on the Linux system, what tools do you use
    to view the contents of some of the binary
    files...such as the Registry?

    http://taxes.yahoo.com/

    Relevant Pages

    • RE: tools used to examine a computer
      ... For Netcat for Windows go here ... On the registry file, if you bring your registry file from the ... Hope this helps and sorry again for the misdirection to sysinternals. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: OT-- should I defrag???
      ... I predict that Microsoft will either kill off any versions of the ... SysInternals tools for future Windows releases, or put a pretty retail cover on ... Microsoft web site, ...
      (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
    • Re: Bei jedem Booten Patchversuch
      ... Zeitpunkt kommt bei jedem Booten die UAC und will eine Datei namens ... Sysinternals Autoruns http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/sysinternals/bb963902 ... Installation (genauso wie fast alle andern Sysinternals-Tools für Windows). ...
      (de.rec.spiele.computer.action)
    • Re: ANN: HLP49 v4.0 Update
      ... the free download TweakUI.exe - it covers whole bunches of good ... "How to Install and Uninstall the TweakUI Tool in Windows 98" ... "Sysinternals Live is a service that enables you ... Want to kill Bill, Bill? ...
      (comp.sys.hp48)
    • Re: VM oder "Parallelbetrieb"?
      ... Windows, d.h. der Admin sieht, was passiert und kann besser nachvollziehen ... Sysinternals Suite und man hat alles an Infos was notwendig ist. ...
      (de.comp.security.misc)