RE: tools used to examine a computer

From: H C (keydet89@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/25/03

    Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:49:26 -0800 (PST)
    From: H C <keydet89@yahoo.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    As Trevor pointed out, files such as this one provide
    quite a bit of detail regarding setting all of this
    up:

    http://www.rajeevnet.com/hacks_hints/os_clone/os_cloning.html

    > Go to www.sysinternals.com and get the Unix Utils
    which
    > will include dd and netcat for Windows

    SysInternals? Could you provide a more explicit link?
     I'm pretty familiar w/ the SysInternals site, and I'm
    even looking there now...and I can't find these Unix
    Utils you're mentioning.

    > Now when you cd into the /NTPartition directory you
    > will see all the files from your NT machine. Yes
    > inclusing the sam files etc.

    Now, the big question is...once you've got all of
    these files on the Linux system, what tools do you use
    to view the contents of some of the binary
    files...such as the Registry?

    http://taxes.yahoo.com/