Re: wireless security question.

From: Paul Cardon (paul@moquijo.com)
Date: 02/19/03

    Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:01:51 -0500
    From: Paul Cardon <paul@moquijo.com>
    To: paul van den bergen <pvandenbergen@swin.edu.au>

    paul van den bergen wrote:

    > 6) 128 WEP + regular key update. with or without IPsec.
    >

    > My questions relates to scenario 1 and 6, to me the interesting ones.
    >
    > In the case of 1) how would one stop external users using the APs as private
    > network bridges?
    >
    > In the case of 6) how does one distribute the WEP keys at each update?

    For 6 look at the various implementations of EAP. Cisco is somewhat of
    a leader here with LEAP and PEAP.

    -paul

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Ive been asked to cook!
      ... nobody told her she wasn't supposed to smash the eggshell so hard the contents would leap up ... and splash her! ... I can't imagine that scenario at all. ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • Re: CISCO as5350 crashes with nmap connect scan
      ... >Received: from outgoing2.securityfocus.com (HELO ... >I have managed to "reduplicate" at least five times the ... >following scenario with a cisco as5250, ...
      (Bugtraq)