tools used to examine a computer

From: Hopkins, Joshua (joshua.hopkins@aruplab.com)
Date: 02/14/03

    From: "Hopkins, Joshua" <joshua.hopkins@aruplab.com>
    Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:40:45 -0700

    I could really use some help in finding a tool that will be used when and
    employee gets terminated or when a computer gets broken into. I had a
    network breach happen from the inside and when I went and took the machine
    back to the operation center I found that a login script was placed into the
    admin account for that machine and the script erased the evidence. I was
    able to copy some files over the network before I took the computer into
    custody. What tools are out there that can really be helpful in
    monitoring/forensics.

    Joshua R. Hopkins
    Information Security Analyst
    ARUP Laboratories