RE: Spam from Symantec

From: Larry Seltzer (larry@larryseltzer.com)
Date: 02/12/03

    From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry@larryseltzer.com>
    To: <dan@tudan.net>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:03:46 -0500

    >>You can get Norton Systemworks for $29.00 at CompUSA too. I think its
    over-agressive resellers of Symantec software trying to make you believe that this is a
    one time special and you can't get it anywhere else....
    >>When if you walk into Office Depot, Staples, CompUSA and many others, they have
    the same special.

    Not the same thing. You obviously haven't gotten this email. Here's an excerpt from one
    of them:

    ===== Includes Six - Feature-Packed Utilities...ALL For ONE Special LOW Price!
    =====
    ===== Norton AntiVirus 2003 (Retail $49.95)
    ===== Norton Ghost 2003 (Retail $69.95)
    ===== GoBack 3 Personal Edition Retail ($49.95)
    ===== Norton Utilities 2003 ($69.95)
    ===== Norton CleanSweep 2003 ($49.95)
    ===== Norton Live Update - 1 Year of Updates
    =====
    ===== Retail Value Purchased Seperately for $279.95, ONLY $38.95!

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: best current anti virus software?
      ... Actually it goes for just about all Symantec software, ... And yet users have been defending System Check/WinDoctor the same way you ... I still use Norton Utilities 2000 - but only because I know ... everyone ought to drink Pepsi instead of Water. ...
      (alt.comp.anti-virus)
    • Re: Reconnected
      ... As is most Symantec software. ... Peter Norton of Norton Commander and Norton Utilities, ... over XP partition restorations, ...
      (alt.coffee)
    • Re: XP & Norton Products
      ... The problem you may experience is remnants of Symantec software ... Dell configures new machines with Trial versions of ... > I am running the complete 2005 Norton suite (Firewall, Systemworks, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Trouble
      ... It's no secret that I am no fan of Symantec software. ... > Norton programs without any problem what-so-ever. ... > perfectly good install) is NOT helping anyone at all. ... >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...