RE: Annoying virus being mailed to me

From: Chris Carter (chris.carter@ebunda.com)
Date: 02/08/03

    From: "Chris Carter" <chris.carter@ebunda.com>
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:53:32 +0100

    Hey thanks!

    Well I've followed the advice and now throw the messages into the Trash
    not wasting any further time on it. But I can't help feeling a rather
    passive about the thing.

    Glad I'm not the only one... although I did realize it was an already
    known worm that had been tamed.

    The address I get them at is not one I use for public stuff (I use
    coldmail for that). It's my private address for family and friends (it's
    certainly not widespread!). None of the people that have the address are
    infected. OTOH, I don't manage the MTA (wish I did); so I can't block
    "boss.com" at the MTA level.

    Cheers!
    Chris

    ---

    • RE: dijkstra algorithm by object oriented
      ... But i don't know if i'm going in the rigth way. ... Incoming mail is certified Virus Free. ... Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ... Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: temp file
      ... > "Kees Spierings" wrote in message ... > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ... > Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
    • Re: Printing Excel object
      ... >>Then copy and paste into Publisher. ... >>>>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ... >>>>Checked by AVG anti-virus system ... >>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
      (microsoft.public.publisher)
    • Re: Array limit
      ... > It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ... > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ... > Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • Re: File size huge but file is empty
      ... "Gaggsy" wrote in message ... Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ... Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.misc)