Monitoring office web use

From: Sedat DOĞRU (sdogru@blue-tec.net)
Date: 01/30/03

    Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:09:14 +0100
    From: Sedat DOĞRU <sdogru@blue-tec.net>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    We are searching some (preferrably free source or at most cheap) tools
    that can be used to monitor internet usage. The tool should be able to
    runon linux, directly on the command line or as a deamon.The tool should
    provide us the DNS names of the hosts that are connected to together
    with the connection times.

    I have done a search on google but could not find only some advanced
    (and probably expensive) tools.

    I've found that with extra scripting effort tcpdump, snort or tcpflow
    can be made do the work, but I want to first find an easier solution

    If you know any tools, please let me know

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Sedat Dogru

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Monitoring office web use
      ... ->We are searching some (preferrably free source or at most cheap) tools ... ->that can be used to monitor internet usage. ... But maybe urlsnarf from the dsniff package is sufficient for you. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Monitoring office web use
      ... > We are searching some (preferrably free source or at most cheap) tools ... > with the connection times. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Monitoring office web use
      ... Subject: Monitoring office web use ... We are searching some (preferrably free source or at most cheap) tools ... with the connection times. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Monitoring office web use
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Monitoring office web use
      ... TheOg ... Subject: Monitoring office web use ... > We are searching some tools ... > with the connection times. ...
      (Security-Basics)