RE: Contractor Rates.

From: sharon_joyner@timeinc.com
Date: 01/24/03

    Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:36:15 -0500
    From: sharon_joyner@timeinc.com
    To: SECURITY-BASICS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM

    I looked into this a few years back and was told to figure out what
    yearly salary I'd like, accounting for my area's cost of living and the
    cost of health care, retirement, etc., unless the agency offers
    benefits. Divide this salary number by 2000 and you come up with the
    approximate hourly rate to shoot for.

    For example, if you need $100,000 to live on, then $50 an hour should be
    fine.

    Hope this helps.
    Sharon