RE: Security+

From: Clement Dupuis (cdupuis@cccure.org)
Date: 01/09/03

    From: "Clement Dupuis" <cdupuis@cccure.org>
    To: "'Gedi'" <gediintheuk@yahoo.co.uk>
    Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 23:33:55 -0600

    Good day Gedi,

    Security+ is targeted at individuals with 2 years of experience, they
    recommend that you have the level of knowledge of A+ or Network+, from
    what I have read it seems that you really do.

    I do not see why you cannot take the Security+ exam. The 2 years is not
    a requirement but a recommendation.

    Clement

    cdupuis@cccure.org
    http://www.securitytalks.com/forum/
    The Leading Security Certification Hub

    Relevant Pages

    • sshd exploit & $1,000 whine
      ... between the security community and the underground community* ... You say it affects the "whole industry." ... vulnerability research and exploit coding. ... > * CUA find a problem in vendor ABC's product ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • 0-day exploit..do i hear $1000?
      ... industry. ... L33t Hacker writes to ABC ... Security firm 123 implement patches for brain dead clients. ... CUA codes the exploit ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Security+
      ... I totally agree that SANS has some of the best technical training on the ... > industry experience but is very reputable like GIAC ... > looking for security certs. ... > I have looked into taking the certs mentioned i.e. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: 0-day exploit..do i hear $1000?
      ... > industry. ... > people/firms that makes money from the bug are Security Firms 123 and 456. ... I don't care, guys who write exploits wouldn't care much, ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • Re: A question on security postgraduate programs
      ... much prefer to work in the industry. ... exploits rather than spending a year or two doing a masters that may ... A question on security postgraduate programs ... One very good course in the UK is the MSc Information Security at UCL ...
      (Security-Basics)