Popup security sales gimmick

From: netsec novice (netsec9@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/28/02

    From: "netsec novice" <netsec9@hotmail.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 02:53:44 +0000

    I ran into this popup and initially it concerned me. I thought I would post
    it here for confirmation on its validity. It appears to me that this site
    runs a script that simply displays your c: drive contents rather than
    actually being able to obtain the information. I could see how it could
    scare some people though.

    Check it out for yourself.
    http://www.interneteraser.com/error.html

    http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SUl spike followed by a http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3mf<br> in a laser pump I am not certain, but I s6